Dear ASQ-0704 members,
I want to wish everyone a very Happy Holiday season.
As the year comes to a close I would like to thank those that have participated on our Executive Committee this past year. Most member leaders are staying in their roles for another year; however, we also have a few individuals whom will be moving on to other pursuits. I would like to especially thank and recognize:
- Akinbode (Bode) Isaacs-Sodeye, Program Chair;
- Bertha A. Franco-Willis, Certification / Re-certification Chair;
- Garth Conrad, Vice Chair (but will remain active in a new role); and
- Donna Horton, Placement Chair and Nomination Chair (and a host of other titles over the years.)
As noted last month, our elected Officers for next year are set and I would also like to recognize the entire incoming Executive Committee:
- Arrangements Chair – Jennifer Kirsten
- Education Chair – Matt Kas
- Internet Liaison & PR Chair – Robert Mitchell
- Publicity Chair – Deepa Deepa
- Membership Chair & SWAE Liaison – Wayne Haggstrom
- Newsletter Editor – Walter Tighe
- Scholarship Chair – Natalie Wong
- Student Section Liaison – Danielle Eldred
- Voice of Customer Chair – William Hoddy
- Special Projects – Garth Conrad
Congratulations team, we look forward to another great year. We do still have a few open positions to fill, so please let us know if you are interested in joining the team and earning valuable RU credits. There are many changes in the works for next year – we look forward to sharing those.
This month’s upcoming Program event is our annual holiday networking gathering. Some special events, including a fun team competition to test your quality knowledge, a roundtable cafe where you can submit ideas for speakers and/or topics for 2019, and a chance to meet and share with your peers and colleagues are planned for our year-end wrap up. I look forward to seeing you there.
Once again all the best for the holidays to you, your colleagues, and your family and friends.
Dave Gibson – Chair ASQ-0704, Valley of the Sun.