Dear ASQ-0704 members,
The fall is on its way so it is time to work on our team for next year. Per ASQ bylaws the Section Executive Committee holds nominations, and if necessary, elections in October for the 3 Elected Officer positions of Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. This is the formal the call for elected board member nominations. We currently have candidates for Chair and Treasurer. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire how to submit a nomination by petition. There are also potential appointed officer and committee positions available for the 2020 calendar year. Please let us know if you are interested. (ASQ generic position descriptions are available upon request). You may request more information either via our @gmail.com email account (above) or our Call for Volunteers form on the ASQ Phoenix section website https://asqphoenix.org/call-for-volunteers/
The ASQ Member Benefits discussion this month is ASQ’s career development resources. Items like:
- Career Center (https://asq.org/career)
- Finding or posting a job (https://careers.asq.org/jobs)
- Finding ASQ Training courses and webinars (https://asq.org/training/catalog)
- Connection with colleagues on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3633/) and
- Joining an ASQ community on myASQ (https://my.asq.org/home).
are all available through your ASQ membership to help your career growth.
In addition the ASQ Phoenix Section provides a variety of resources to strengthen our Community of Practice to foster a sense of belonging and help build our members’ professional technical and soft skills. Such resources as our:
- ASQ Phoenix community site on myASQ (https://my.asq.org/communities/home/244)
- Job Board (https://my.asq.org/commu
nities/discuss/viewcategory/ 244/443) that provides the latest local postings and information we are aware of.
- Facebook Page to enhance our members’ social engagement and facilitate two-way communications (https://www.facebook.com/groups/881240462022723)
- LinkedIn Group to grow our members’ professional network (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/153759/)
- Twitter account to share relevant information from the greater Phoenix community, ASQ HQ and other ASQ sections / divisions / forums, and other quality-related organizations, including Quality job openings in Southwestern USA (https://twitter.com/ASQPhoenix)
- Instagram account to drive member engagement and provide a satisfying member experience through photos and stories (https://www.instagram.com/asqphoenix/), and
- YouTube Channel where members can find previously recorded Program meeting presentations (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJoZjAGgI3RVCSiBV2h6iqg)
If you are seeking a change, just want to see what is going on, or grow your professional network please check out these valuable resources.
The September 12, 2019 Program meeting speaker will be Ms. Radha Sampath. Her topic is the application of Mahalanobis Taguchi System (MTS) as used in Employee Retention analysis. This statistical analysis technique is applied to an attrition issue for one particular industry segment. This should be an interesting discussion of statistical methods applied outside of the traditional production or service environments. (For more information please see our September 2019 Program post on this website).
We look forward to you being able to join us.
Dave Gibson – Chair ASQ-0704, Valley of the Sun