Dear ASQ-0704 members,
It is hard to believe we are at the end of the year already. This end-of-year it is time for me to step aside as Section Chair, along with our Treasurer, Amrish Patel. In addition, we have several changes in roles and new members on the leadership team. Please see our web posting for the 2020 Section EC team (https://asqphoenix.org/section-0704-leadership-committee/). We are sorry to see our team members Danielle Eldred, Donna Horton, Garth Conrad, Jennifer Kirsten and Matt Kas step down and appreciate the work they have contributed to the Section through the years. We also wish them well and hope to reconnect again.
As the year ends we reflect on the Section’s accomplishments. The EC has completed many tasks, so these are just some of the highlights:
- We have not only provided volunteers for the ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference, we also provided a Section presence at the event for the first time.
- We have started to broadcast our meetings on-line and created a myASQ Community website.
- We launched Section sites on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to supplement our existing social media presence on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- We provided three scholarships for ASU engineering students through the Ted Thal Scholarship fund.
- We have converted Section finances to BillHighway
- We have once again provided programs each month including a company tour.
- Unfortunately our satisfaction score has fallen a bit behind our previous years so we are looking at what we will need to continue to meet your expectations.
Once again as we wrap up another year we will celebrate with what has become an annual holiday event. Once again we won’t have a traditional presentation, but will use our time with a more of a formal meal and chance to meet other members and maybe demonstrate your knowledge of Quality in a Jeopardy team competition, followed by a Roundtable Cafe seeking member input. Note the change in plan to meet on-line, as we will be using Facebook Live. The details are listed in our Program post (https://asqphoenix.org/2019/11/28/december-2019-program-meeting/)
Finally, I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday look forward to starting a new year.
Dave Gibson – Chair ASQ-0704, Valley of the Sun.