August 13, 2020 Program Meeting Details
6:00pm – Informal Networking
6:30pm – Welcome & Introductions
6:50pm – Guest speaker presentation
7:45pm – Q&A and Wrap-up comments
8:00pm – Adjourn
Speaker: Bill Luhrs, Prism Investment Mgmt
Title: Applying Lean Six Sigma to Personal Finances – A Quality Engineer’s Journey
Abstract: A sudden layoff after 28 years as a successful quality leader results in the question, “Could I Retire Today?” Learn how a quality engineer applied corporate lean six sigma tools to define his present and future state, identify waste and apply a PDCA methodology to his personal finances. Continuous improvement, not fancy investments, is the better approach to a clear and confident path to retirement.
- The four variables which will determine your financial security (only one is investment related)
- Three hidden ‘muda’ which will drain your financial security and how to avoid them
- The power of continuous improvement, compounded over decades
- How to apply PDCA to stay on your financial path
Biography: Bill Luhrs is former quality engineer and leader at GM, Ford, Dell Computer, Raytheon and ABB Solar. He holds a BS in Industrial Engineering, is a former ASQ CMQ/OE and Baldrige assessor for the Southwest Alliance for Excellence. Bill is three years into his second career as a financial advisor at Prism Investment Management based in Scottsdale, AZ.
WebEx registration link:
Access code: 127 674 2179
- Click on the blue “Register” hypertext in the upper left corner, across from “Event Status”
- Fill out the registration form, click on “Submit”
- You will receive a confirmation email from either “email@example.com” or “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Save this message!
- At the designated start time of the meeting (6:00pm MST, July 16), open the confirmation email, and click on the green “Join Event” button.