ASQ Scholarship Background Information
Every year, an ASQ Phoenix Section scholarship is awarded through the ASU Foundation. This scholarship is funded by the Ted Thal Endowment. Ted Thal was a significant contributor to the establishment of Quality Assurance programs in Arizona. The ASU Foundation manages the Ted Thal Endowment and provides an annual report on the funding. The Endowment information is:
- Thal_Ted_American Society for Quality – Valley of the Sun Phoenix Section 0704 – 40001650
The scholarship criteria are as follows:
- Undergraduate or Graduate
- Full time student
- 3.25 GPA or better
- All academic plans
Timeline of Events
- December through the first week in February – Students apply for the scholarship
- February – Scholarship office sends a list of applicants to ASU Foundation
- March – ASU Foundation will send list of applicants to ASQ Phoenix Section. ASQ Phoenix will select Finalist(s) by end of March. ASQ Phoenix can decide to sponsor a second scholarship but that will have to be funded by ASQ. Only one scholarship is funded by the endowment.
- May/June – ASU Foundation will award the scholarship to the Finalist. If there are additional Finalists, ASQ Phoenix will send the funds to the student directly.